What is a Reader Rendezvous?
For more than 40 years, Bird Watcher’s Digest has enjoyed connecting with you, our readers. We cherish this close connection—which is why we refer to you as our “family of subscribers.” We’ve had the pleasure of meeting many BWD subscribers over the years at festivals and events around the country, and we know that BWD subscribers are fun and friendly! We’re pleased to say the same of our contributors and columnists!
BWD launched a new series of events in 2014 called Reader Rendezvous. This is a series of opportunities—designed especially for BWD subscribers—to meet some of our most popular contributors and go birding with them and our BWD staffers/guides in some of our favorite spots! What better way is there to get to know someone than to go birding together? Our Reader Rendezvous offer a pleasing blend of:
- Birding afield in some of the world’s best birding hotspots (We try to get every attendee on every bird before moving on!)
- Local guiding expertise along with our BWD staff
- Local highlights, culture, and food
- Optics and gear field testing from Redstart Birding
- Presentations and workshops for all levels of birders
- Hospitality and friendship
- Sponsorship goodies and prizes
We prefer to enjoy the birds and areas we visit rather than racing to tick birds off a list. Our tours are suitable for all levels of birding! Furthermore, you DO NOT have to be a BWD subscriber to attend!
We want your Reader Rendezvous experience to be something you’ll want to repeat (Just ask our “repeat offenders”). Our motto is birding is better with friends, so come join us!
Have a suggestion of where we should explore next? Send an email to [email protected] We are always planning for our next adventure!